MUSIC: JUNE PLAYLIST

JUNE PLAYLIST by Eliza Buzacott-Speer on Grooveshark

It's funny being overseas and away from my usual means of stumbling upon new music - Triple J - for such an extended period of time, but I've managed to keep my iPod fairly fresh. Here's a taste of what's been on repeat lately!
  • She Only Loves Me When I'm There - Ball Park Music: Releasing their third album, Puddinghead, in the same number of years, it appears that Ball Park Music cannot be stopped. I'm not complaining, and I love the lead single. 
  • Do You Realise?? - The Flaming Lips: My time overseas is wrapping up and songs about saying goodbye and ~inspirational lyrics about making the most of every moment~ seem to have crept into my subconscious.
  • No Rest For The Wicked - Lykke Li: I am in love with every song on I Never Learn. It's wonderful to see how much Lykke Li has grown and changed as a musician since Youth Novels was released way back in 2008. 
  • Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You - Arctic Monkeys: There's always going to be a token AM song. You know me by now.
  • Dreaming - Smallpools: I only discovered Smallpools recently, but this song makes me so happy. 
  • You Know What I Mean - Cults: I only just emerged from my cocoon of exam study a few weeks ago and whilst I was still wrapped up in revision Cults proved to be the perfect soundtrack. 
  • Say You Won't Cry - Television Personalities: This is another goodbye song. It makes me feel so bittersweet about leaving Lancaster.
  • I Need My Girl - The National: I did enjoy Trouble Will Find Me when it came out, but it's taken me well over a year to get fully immersed in it. I got there in the end though, and I've been listening to the album on repeat.
Enjoy!

x