WATCH: HER






(onetwothreefourfivesix)

I realise I'm a bit late on the bandwagon here, but there's just about Her that demands to be shared. It's been a couple of months since I first watched the film but it's one that has stuck with me. I've spoken about my appreciation of all things media and interconnectedness and how technology is changing the way we live and interact, and I adore how these ideas - and a commentary on them - are integrated into picturesque, dreamy film. 

Joaquin Phoenix masterfully leads the film, while Amy Adams, Rooney Mara, Olivia Wilde and Scarlett Johansson drive the story forward within their respective roles. The storyline itself feels fresh and inspired, and it's impressive how the film, though set in the future, can strike such a chord with the emotions and events we encounter in our lives today.

x